Understand What’s at Stake With Joint Replacement Payment Reform
The forecasted financial impact for Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model (CCJR) averages $2.2M per hospital^ in 2016 alone: what is the impact for you?
Participation in the proposed Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CCJR) initiative brings with it a number of opportunities for health system leaders. An analysis of spending in the lower extremity joint replacement (LEJR) episode of care clarifies the priorities:
- Sharpen the focus on inpatient cost management, especially device and supply costs which are a major source of the hospital’s costs.
- Identify high-quality, low-cost physicians and other providers with whom to collaborate.
- Explore avenues for greater alignment and risk-sharing.
- Master performance related to readmissions, complications and patient satisfaction.
- Establish post-acute care (PAC) relationships and closely manage care transitions.
[^]MedAssets analysis of the average per-hospital financial impact for the 600+ facilities in the 75 CCJR MSAs.